It’s about the moment. The instant when horse and rider face the challenge. Months, years of discipline and training come together. The conditioning, the focus and the will to work in unison. You show up with the determination to win and the power to perform beyond your limits. Winning is defined on your own terms. Find that edge and you’ve got the competitive advantage. The new generation of trainers and competitors don’t want claims. They want results. Ultium® Competition Horse Formula is highly researched nutrition for the high energy demands of hard-working equine athletes, allowing them to compete at their highest levels. When others hit the wall, your horse keeps going.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND ULTIUM® COMPETITION HORSE FORMULA.
Patented, proprietary technology is the culmination of decades of Purina® equine research. Ultium® Competition Horse Formula has been successfully field-tested across a wide spectrum of competitive disciplines. Unique pellets and extruded Amplify® nuggets aim to prevent sorting, reduce waste and transport easily. Highly palatable and digestible, its nutrient dense, and highly efficient so you can feed less.
Sustained Energy System® features a unique blend of three (3) fuel sources:
2. Fermentable Fiber
3. Soluble carbohydrates (starch and sugar)
Research in horses has shown that the dietary energy source can influence activity and excitability. Specifically, when compared to concentrates high in starch and sugar, the feeding of a diet higher in fat and fiber but with less starch and sugar helps promote more manageable behavior. Ultium® Competition Horse Formula seamlessly blends three fuel sources into a smooth, unbroken steady stream of energy. Horses consuming Ultium® Competition Horse Formula will receive more calories from highly digestible fiber sources and vegetable oils, and fewer calories from sugar and starch than if they were being fed a traditional grain based diet. This type of dietary formulation provides the horse with what is referred to as cool energy. Studies have shown that certain horses are sensitive to higher levels of sugar and starch in their diet. These horses tend to be less excitable and more manageable when fed lower levels of starch and sugar.
- Sustained Energy System® - A unique blend of three fuel sources to provide a steady level of highly digestible energy: soluble carbohydrates, fats and fermentable fiber. A horse that is mentally focused, controllable and manageable has the best chance of winning.
- Targeted Nutrition Delivery System - Quickly transports repair nutrients where they're needed most. Unique amino acid profile and top-quality fuel sources replenish glycogen and protein stores in muscles to assist in muscle repair with less muscle fatigue for faster bounce back, competition after competition.
- Nutrient and Energy-Dense - Supports prolonged stamina and endurance while maintaining the equine athlete in peak competitive condition. Less feed is required for maintenance of body condition when compared to feeds with lower energy density, helping prevent digestive upset.
- Reduced Starch, Higher Fat - May help reduce the risk of colic and other digestive disturbances that can occur when feeding large quantities of grain.
- Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget - A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran smooths the glucose and insulin response to dietary starch and sugar, leveling out blood sugar levels for a pronounced calming effect.
- Precise Amino Acid Profile - For optimal muscle performance and recovery. Promotes muscle tone and a strong top line.
- Highly Fermentable Fiber - Metabolized in the hindgut, providing slow-releasing energy and preserving muscle glycogen. Anecdotal evidence in field tests also indicates Ultium® Competition Horse Formula may be beneficial for horses that have a tendency to tie up.
- Balance of Vitamins and Minerals - Including B-Vitamins, Iron, Copper, Calcium, Phosphorus and Magnesium: blood-building nutrients that help optimize red blood cell production and increase oxygen capacity in exercising horses. The proper balance of Calcium and Phosphorus promotes stronger bones.
- Added Antioxidants - Including Vitamins E, C and Selenium help address the negative effects of free radicals and support a strong immune system.
- Concentrate Feed - Designed to be fed with hay or pasture.
|Dimensions||30.5 × 19 × 7 in|
Bag 50 lb
Feeding directions with hay or pasture. Start with the amounts given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
||||Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Moderate Work (pounds of feed per day)||5.00||5.50||6.00||6.5||7.25||8.0||8.5||9.25|
|Heavy Work (pounds of feed per day)||6.25||7.0||7.75||8.5||9.25||10||10.75||11.5|
|Very Heavy Work (pounds of feed per day)||9.25||10.25||11.5||12.5||13.75||15||16||17.25|
For horses sensitive to dietary carbohydrates, please consult with a veterinarian or nutritionist for a recommended diet.