Purina’s Ph.D. Equine Nutritionists and Veterinarians continually research new ways to address the specific needs of aging horses, helping your senior horse live a long, healthy life. Purina® Equine Senior® horse feed has been scientifically studied at the Purina® Animal Nutrition Center for over 20 years. With this formulation, our nutritionists have combined all the benefits of the trusted original Equine Senior® horse feed together with discoveries from the most cutting-edge equine science.
- Forage Built In - To completely or partially replace the hay or pasture in the horse's diet when dental problems or missing teeth prevent them from eating forage.
- #1 Veterinarian Recommended Senior Horse Feed - Four out of five Equine Veterinarians recommend Purina's Equine Senior® horse feed to their clients with senior horses, according to an independent study conducted in November 2012.
- Exclusive ActivAge™ Prebiotic - Scientifically studied in senior horses to support optimal function of the aging immune system.
- Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget - A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for weight maintenance, shine and bloom.
- Highly Digestible - Scientifically formulated with a blend of fiber sources including beet pulp and top quality hay to help maintain the senior horses body condition and support normal digestive function.
- Controlled Starch and Sugar - Formulated to provide a diet lower in nonstructural carbohydrates that may be suitable for aging horses with carbohydrate sensitivities.
- Vitamin & Mineral Fortification - Designed to meet the specific nutritional needs of senior horses to support immune function and overall health when fed as directed Based on "Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition-2007" published by the National Research Council.
- Highly Palatable with Less Sugar - A unique blend of molasses and soy oil for a higher fat molasses that encourages optimal intake versus straight cane molasses that is higher in sugar.
- Added Antioxidants - Contains Vitamin C and Vitamin E to provide additional support for a healthy immune system.
- Complete Feed - High-quality hay built in to help senior horses get the fiber they need.
|Dimensions||31.5 × 19 × 7.5 in|
Senior, Special Needs
Bag 50 lb
Start with the amounts given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
|Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|When Fed as a Complete Feed Without Forage|
|When Fed With Forage|
|Hay or Equivalent Pasture (lbs./day)||6.00||8.00||10.00||12.00||14.00|
|Equine Senior® Horse Feed (lbs/day)|
For horses sensitive to dietary carbohydrates, please consult with a veterinarian or nutritionist for a recommended diet.